Monday, August 16, 2010

pinched nerve

So Sunday morning I'm getting out of bed for church and Im on my left side... I push myself up with my arms and all of a sudden the weight of the baby tugged on my right hip and I felt a sharp stabbing pain in my hip/buttocks. At first I thought I broke my hip, the pain was so severe and sharp and localized. Nothing like any pulled muscle or sore hip pain or even sciatic nerve pain...All of which I have felt. This was scary, every position made it worse or the pain stayed steady. I was able to walk, but only for a couple short minutes at a time. NO position relieved the pain, I was in tears for a few hours. So I called my cousin who is a nurse (before resorting to the ER) and she did an exam and came to the conclusion I must have pinched a nerve or pulled a tendon. Being today (monday) i feels like a raw nerve, Im led to believe I pinched it... Thank goodness I had pain meds in the house that helped enormously. Today I didn't need any meds, I was just careful not to aggravate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment