Friday, July 9, 2010

Glucose Test

So I got called from the doctor yesterday and he informed me that I failed the glucose test with a reading of 173. So today I spent alllll morning at the lab getting the 3 hour tolerance test. I left at 8:30, got the paperwork from Goff, drove to the lab and had the initial fasting glucose reading, then drank the nasty drink that was super condensed with 100 grams of sugar (twice the original drink) and then got my blood drawn every hour after I finished the drink... I got home at 12:45pm. BUT the guy running the lab was super friendly and a friend from church was also getting her test done so I had plenty of conversation. Wyatt was everywhere and very well entertained. But I did feel yucky from the drink for most of the 3 hours, I only perked up for the last 30 minutes. After getting to eat a bagel, I felt completely better. So is that a sign? Wouldn't that mean I am probably cursed to have gestational diabetes?
Anywho, I thought Id jot it down while it's fresh. Let's pray I'm fine and there's no more complications!

No comments:

Post a Comment